2017年3月18日土曜日

Children are parents of mirror?

 
 
The other day, we were having dinner. I made rice ball and side dishes
such as, meat balls, cucumber salad, Chinese chive stir-fry etc. for my first daughter. Meat balls is her favourite. I was sure that she would eat them all first. I reminded her. 'Please eat all your dishes, not just the meat balls, OK?'

She said, 'Yes.'
  When I was busy feeding my second daughter she smiled at me mischievously and then squeezed a rice ball with her both hands. 'Look Mum!' she said, showing her hands with lots of rice all over them. 'Don't play with your food. Eat the rice on your hands as well”, I said. She said, 'No way’ and she was kneading rice on her hands. Looking at her, I continued, 'If you waste food, I won't give you food anymore!' Then she tried to eat it all.
   After licking all the rice off her hands she said,'Gochisosamadeshita' and left the table. As I expected, she only ate the meat balls. I said, 'Eat the other side dishes.' She said, 'I don't want them.' After an argument, I retorted, 'If you only eat the meat balls, I won't give you meat balls anymore!' Then she ate all the food without any hesitation.
  I think it is especially important to scold kids firmly when they waste food. As a result, she obeyed what I said. However, I was not satisfied at all. I wondered if how I scolded her was right. It is said that punishment won't  get to a kids heart.
They obey just because they do not like to be punished.
  I said to myself, why was I such a scolding mother?Why was I irritated by such a mere childish attitude? To begin with, why could I not be gentle? 
I thought the reason was not the kids but the reason would be in myself.
When I was pondering, she said,
'Mum, smile cheerfully~.'
It got to my heart directly.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿